Best psychology books in 201929/12/2019
10 tips to sleep better01/04/2023
If you’re looking for some psychology books about anxiety, depression, self-esteem, and self-confidence, here are some of the best in 2020:
- “Anxious People: A Novel” by Fredrik Backman – While not a traditional self-help book, this novel offers a unique perspective on anxiety and depression and how it affects individuals and families.
- “Good Morning, Monster: A Therapist Shares Five Heroic Stories of Emotional Recovery” by Catherine Gildiner – This book offers readers a look at five real-life cases of people struggling with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, and how they were able to overcome them.
- “The Power of Discord: Why the Ups and Downs of Relationships Are the Secret to Building Intimacy, Resilience, and Trust” by Ed Tronick and Claudia M. Gold – This book offers insights into how conflict and discord can actually help strengthen relationships and build resilience.
- “The Hilarious World of Depression” by John Moe – This book offers a unique perspective on depression through the lens of comedy, with stories from well-known comedians who have struggled with mental health issues.
- “The Joy of Movement: How Exercise Helps Us Find Happiness, Hope, Connection, and Courage” by Kelly McGonigal – This book explores the connection between exercise and mental health, including the benefits of movement for reducing anxiety and depression.
- “Untamed” by Glennon Doyle – This book offers insights into how women can break free from societal expectations and cultural conditioning to live a life of self-acceptance and self-love.